Sunday, July 17, 2011

How to Deal

I have 5 sisters, we range in ages from 59 through 41, we all live fairly close to each other except one who lives in sort of North Jersey.  While growing up as kids most people do not think about losing a sibling  to illness,  unless of course someone was ill as a child or teen.  Our family ran the gamut of cuts, bruises, broken bones, sickness and many other things like most kids.
As we have grown to become the ages of our parents when we thought they were old, can you imagine thinking 49 is OLD!!!!!, it becomes apparent that  disease is rearing its ugly head.
My sister has cancer, it is not the OK type, not that any type is OK,  but it is really bad and has spread to other parts of her body.  Well this really sucks the big one and  how the fuck do we accept this?  There  are many things we can control, believe me, if I can control them I will, I am sort of a controlling person, not wacko, freako control, just a little bit.
You can pray to whomever you want, personally I don't really subscribe to that, not sure if any of it matters,  I think things are going to happen the way that they do.  My point is to deal and cope and love that person how ever you like, be there,  help them out, listen,  wash their clothes, make them laugh, take them to the doctor,  just be available.
One more thing, I DO NOT CHANGE DIAPERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment