Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Menopause

Today I woke up at 4 am, laid there till almost 5, why am I awake?  I am told when you are approaching" The Menopause", you experience sleeplessness, mood swings, sporadic periods, hot flashes, and all sorts of other ridiculous body changes.
Well, I remember my mother at this time in her life, she would run outside in the middle of winter with her shirt unbuttoned, her neck was red and she was soaking wet, that was a HOT FLASH!  she would argue with my father about nothing, or maybe it was one of his  ideas about something that she was not interested in, he always was thinking about  some sort of thing like, building something that we didn't need.
I understand now!  I am experiencing all the same things as her at almost the same age, and the problem is , I have married a man like my father, always talking about building or changing, or some sort of frustrating something. I am most likely more vocal than my mom, not sure, need to ask my sisters.  My husband and I bicker  almost everyday,  its never  a marriage ending argument, he usually asks, " Are you getting your period? " Amazing how well he knows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment